13 Apr A Deeper Dive Into How We Think And Speak
For the last 300,000 years, we as humans have lived our lives as fear-based pack animals. While this is our conditioned natural path, it is also extremely detrimental to our mental health and the mental state of the world.
Studies have shown that language has a significant impact on our mental and even physical health. In this article, we are diving deeper into that concept, so that you can start changing involuntary thought processes in order to live a happier, healthier life.
Human “packs” are called tribes. Our tribal nature made sense in the past, since we needed to be a part of a tribe in order to survive. Today, however, being part of a pack is no longer a survival need for most people. Food, water, shelter, and security are readily available.
Survival, for each individual, is as good as guaranteed in the modern developed world. For that reason, many of the survival instincts that impact our involuntary thinking are no longer necessary. Yet since they often have unconscious influence, these survival instincts cause a tremendous number of problems, often on a daily basis, for many people.
The survival instincts at play here are what we call “fear-based”. We can correct fear-based thinking and functioning by learning how to live from love rather than fear. This sounds simple (and obvious) enough, but is often tricky to put into practice. And the recognition that we all have unconscious (systemic functioning – auto-pilot), subconscious, and conscious thinking energies makes this process all the more difficult.
The Pathwaves NeuroEmpowerment™ system provides a simple method to identify fear-based thought processes, and to replace those with love based thoughts.
In order to make the fear-based characteristics easier to remember, we have created words which begin with “F” to describe the fear-based intrusions into our lives.
Fear versus Love Language
The below table provides a clear path to follow. “The F’s” first bullet provides the “F” word or phrase, the second “Explanation” bullet further explains the fear intrusion into our lives, and the third “Solution” bullet provides a solution to help change our perspectives and functions to be “love-based”.
- Stands for False Events Appearing Real – causes all the other “F”s listed below.
- Focus on the truth – live from love.
- Feel Safe
- Constant drive to act and behave in a manner which will help us feel safe (when we already are safe) – “What If” thinking and victim thinking – also causes “hoarding” of things and resources.
- Focus on the fact that we are typically very safe, and can handle our safety from our consciousness rather than our unconscious. This makes it easier to choose how we govern our own security.
- Fit In – concern with being good enough – worthy and having to defend ourselves
- We curb our behavior, first to be accepted and then to maintain our position in the “tribe”.
- Focus on being the best version of ourselves – Love ourselves so we can love others.
- Our unconscious constantly pushes us to define what is happening (put everything into “boxes”) and define who everyone is.
- Accept the world as “doing the best it can with what it has” and provide frames of reference which are open ended and allow the world and the people in it to be whomever they want to be.
- Fix What’s Wrong
- Constantly looking at everything to see what is wrong so we can fix it.
- Get in the flow co-creating what is happening with others and nature knowing that most of the time things work out well enough without our involvement.
- Formulate Rules of Engagement
- Defining how the people, places, and things around us “have to” or “should” work, and getting attached to that definition.
- Accept that everyone and everything is doing the best they can with what they have – things work out pretty well most of the time.
- Finagle to Get Ahead, Finesse, and Fake
- Once we are accepted in the tribe, our unconscious constantly provides us information as to how we are fitting in and drives us to manipulate (act with fight or flight) to improve our stature in the tribe.
- Act with love for self first and then other. Focus on being the best version of yourself (you cannot do better than that) whether you are accepted or not.
- Activate – take action to control.
- Act with love.
- Deactivate – avoid – withdrawal as a control mechanism.
- Act with love.
- Freak-Out (Panic)
- Have so many thoughts that you cannot process them all at once – panic – often as a control mechanism either of self or of others.
- Act with love.
- The proverbial “deer in headlights” response – avoidance – all as control mechanisms.
- Act with love.
The first seven “F”s cause the last four. These stem from our fear-based survival instincts, which emanate from our unconscious. By shifting the responsibilities of the “F”s to our conscious, we can choose how to act from love and train our unconscious to give us love-based involuntary function.
Conscious Living Through NeuroEmpowerment™
Moving unconscious programming to our conscious awareness is not always easy, and how we speak has a direct effect on this process. Our spoken word is typically a direct reflection of the words we use in our thinking. Therefore, changing all language we use – both spoken and thought – is paramount for this process to fully work.
Listening to how people speak (the tone of their voice and look on their face) and the words they use indicates the level at which they have been able to make this transition. The Pathwaves “Full NeuroEmpowerment” journey is designed to support our clients in this process.
If you’d like to learn how you can support your personal growth through our methodology, we are here to help. Schedule a free 30-minute consultation today.
To help those who cannot afford the services of Pathwaves, consider donating to the Pathwaves Foundation. Please call (305) 858-6616 for more information.
FREE VIDEO SERIES:
MODERN MINDFULNESS MEETS THE SCIENCE OF NEUROPLASTICITY
Learn how your body’s own ability to learn new skills can help you overcome pre-programmed responses, releasing unhealthy patterns and transforming your quality of life!